by Dr. Joseph Mercola, Mercola.com
A majority of Americans consume an “invisible” drug on a daily basis — a drug so harmful it’s been proven to cause serious health issues, including damage to your bones, teeth, kidneys, thyroid, and pineal gland.
Dozens of studies have shown it reduces IQ in children and damages your brain. Despite that, this drug is so pervasive that over 40 percent of American teens between the ages of 12 and 15 show visible signs of overexposure.
The drug in question is fluoride — which is added to a majority of municipal water supplies across the US. It’s also found in a number of other products, most notably toothpaste and other dental treatments.
Sodium fluoride — which is a far simpler toxin than the fluoride compounds used for most water fluoridation — has been used for rat and cockroach poisons, so there is no question that fluoride is toxic.
© 2014 Dr. Joseph Mercola