by Catherine Frompovich, Activist Post
Since public utility companies everywhere and states public utility commissions in the USA are behind the times and not up to date with regard to electromagnetic hypersensitivity issues stemming from microwave technologies, perhaps utility customers could email this article to them. Why? Because it documents what happened to residents in the State of Victoria, Australia, after AMI Smart Meters were put into service in 2006.
First and foremost, what needs to be pointed out is what is stated in the Conclusion of a published paper titled “Self-reporting of symptom development from exposure to radio frequency fields of wireless smart meters in Victoria, Australia: a case series” posted at PubMed, US National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health:
“Interestingly, the vast majority of Victorian cases did not state that they had been sufferers of electromagnetic hypersensitivity syndrome (EHS) prior to exposure to the wireless meters, which points to the possibility that smart meters may have unique characteristics that lower people’s threshold for symptom development.”
What were the findings of that study? According to the Abstract,
“The Federal Communication Commission has ruled that smart meters are safe based on their studies of “thermal” exposure. However, smart meters emit “non-thermal” radiation which is much higher in power density and more harmful than thermal emissions. Because of the risks they pose, the American Academy of Environmental Medicine has called for a “…moratorium on smart meter installation until the serious public health issues can be resolved.”
© 2016 Activist Post